What is face mist and when to use it for glowing, hydrated skin
It’s like three hundred degrees outside, and your skin’s a hot, greasy mess. Don’t take it lying down, girls! Prevent makeup meltdown with one of these vitamin-packed, instantly cooling facial mists -- one spritz sets your face for hours.
So, what is a face mist, anyway?
If you're not familiar with them, face mists are liquids that you mist onto your skin via a spray bottle or atomizer.
How and when you apply them is totally up to you.
Besides acting as an instant pick-me-up, mists can be used in between your skincare steps, over and under makeup, and even to dilute other products.
With face mists becoming super popular in recent years, there are more and more products to choose from. Problem is, they often go under different names, like toner or essence, even if you spray them on. Are they all the same thing?
Not necessarily! Here's how to tell the difference:
- Face mist vs thermal water: Thermal water is a type of face mist that is purely water (and with a higher mineral content than regular water, which helps with dryness and irritation). Face mists contain not just water but additional humectant and emollient ingredients.
- Face mist vs toner: Toner is meant to be used after washing your face, to remove all traces of cleanser and prepare your skin for moisturizer. Mist, on the other hand, can go on at any time of day and is usually more nourishing. That said, hydrating toners are now becoming more popular, and would be similar to hydrating mists.
- Face mist vs essence: In the K-beauty sphere, essence is a type of liquid serum, usually with a watery consistency that you pat on with your fingertips. It's packed with more concentrated ingredients than a mist, and is meant to go underneath moisturizers to add an extra layer of hydration. Mist is even lighter, usually with a higher water content, and can be used at any point in your skincare or makeup routine.
- Face mist vs setting spray: Setting spray is makeup rather than skincare, and contains film-formers (like synthetic polymers) that lock makeup in place. Mist is made with more skin-friendly ingredients that can help makeup look more natural, rather than giving it more staying power. However, there are some new hybrid products that give you the best of both worlds.
When To Use Face Mist
- When You Wake Up
Sometimes it’s hard to get out of bed in the a.m. Like on a cold morning when you’re all cozy under the covers. That’s why reaching for Rose Damascena Face Mist is such a bright idea. The refreshing mist will wake you right up with its zesty orange scent, giving you an instant boost of energy, and leaving your skin soft and glowing. Just leave it next to your bed and spritz to rise and shine, literally!
- After Using Toner
Not everyone is into toner, but if you are it’s best to spritz your skin after. That’s because toners cleanse and prep your skin for moisturizer, which includes a hydrating product like a face mist.
- Before Adding Moisturizer
Why should you use a hydrating face spray before moisturizer? To maximize its powers! By adding a hit of hydration first, it can help skin do a better job of absorbing whatever you’re putting on after. And since you should apply moisturizer morning and night, you can also use face mist twice a day.
- Before & After Makeup
How does face mist give you a more flawless makeup application? Let us count the ways. For starters, it creates a smooth and hydrated canvas for your foundation. Second, it helps foundation blend better, which means a more natural, sheer look. Last and certainly not least, giving your face a quick spritz after applying makeup can help set your look (making it last longer) and create a more a seamless finish (by getting rid of any powder residue).
- To Refresh Makeup
Need a trick if you’re planning on going out for the evening with makeup you applied in the morning? Well, we’ve got two! First, this is exactly the reason to use face spray after makeup. It will set your makeup so it lasts longer throughout the day. Second, if you just need a little touch-up, spritz to hydrate skin and then it will not only make your existing makeup easier to add to and blend, but it will leave you with a fresh, dewy finish.
- Post Workout
The scenario: You’ve just finished a serious gym session and didn’t bring face wash. You can either walk out with a sweaty face or leave with a hydrated glow. For the latter, try Rose Damascena Face Mist . Just a spritz of this rose-scented spray will instantly cool you off, make your skin feel refreshed, and give you an instant boost of happy.
- Before Going To Bed
If you’re going to hydrate your skin before bed (which you are!), why not pick a product that also helps you relax? Say hello to Rose Damascena Face Mist …. Infused with the calming scent of rose, it gives skin a boost of hydration while it helps you zen out. Just make sure to apply it about 20 minutes before bed, so it has time to absorb into your skin and not rub off on your pillow.
Do you NEED a face mist?
Okay, it may not be an essential step like cleansing and applying sunscreen. But mist is definitely a convenient way to give your skin an extra boost—and improve your makeup game.
The key is to choose and use your mist wisely, making sure the product is packed with good ingredients and applied at the right time in your beauty routine.